Before you become a member of Makerspace community, here are some basic principles we should all stick to.
- Be excellent to each other
- Failure is a means to success
- Lack of knowledge is an opportunity, not an obstacle
- Your experience here is what you make it
- Any and all illegal activity is strictly forbidden; any and all creative activity is strongly encouraged
- Pick up after yourself – this is a shared space.
- 24/7 access to the Victoria Makerspace workshop.
- Able to bring guests into the space any time you wish.
- Allowed to make nominations and cast votes at the annual meeting.
- 24/7 access to the Victoria Makerspace workshop with sturdy work benches that can host almost any project, various metal & woodworking tools, and advanced electronic prototyping tools
- Multiple soldering stations, access to an oscilloscope, multimeters, and other electronics tools await
- You are now part of our very knowledgeable & awesome pool of members: engineers, software designers, machinists, network admins, biotech businessmen
- You have access to member research projects and workshops.
- Access to member-only classes and events
- You have full access to our biology laboratory and extensive library of books, gear & toys
- Excellent business-class internet connection is at your service (no torrents or excessive downloading please)
- Only members are allowed to access power tools
- Some tools require specialized training; only trained members may use these tools
- Personal items must be confined to your personal locker, lock box, or shelf space
- No animals (except service animals) in the shop areas
- No unsupervised children in the shop areas
- Be aware: lost and found items, animals, and children will be held for 30 days, then used for parts
- Members who profit from objects they manufacture are encouraged to reimburse the Makerspace for equipment use cost
Before signing up for a membership, you need to come to one or two open house nights to see the space, take a tour, and get to know some of the current members. Start with a project in mind, or some knowledge you’d like to gain, and you’ll make more of the experience. When you're ready to join please email email@example.com for a link to set up a billing agreement and then come in for your access card.
Monthly Access Fee Subscription – Start your payment online and then get a keycard in person at Makerspace.This is a recurring $51.50/month payment.
|Monthly Student Access Fee Subscription – Start your payment online and then get a keycard in person at Makerspace.This is a recurring $30.00/month payment.